07956 321 678  |  info@get-towing.co.uk

Chelmsford Trailer Test near me – prices from £250!

Get Towing… quality Trailer Training

For commonly asked questions CLICK HERE!

For drivers wishing to achieve a trailer licence and are located in Essex or the surrounding towns and cities.

Get Towing provides trailer training services which will improve your trailer or caravan towing techniques and help you master the art of reversing a vehicle while hitched to a trailer.

Towing a trailer or caravan requires advanced driving skills, as your vehicle will drive differently when hitched to a trailer. The way you drive will be affected by the size and weight of the trailer and weather conditions particularly high winds, icy or wet roads.

At Get Towing we will train you to drive with confidence and hopefully pass the trailer test

While towing a trailer or caravan, we must  take into account wider turning circles, increased braking and reversing techniques.

To see videos related to the trailer licence test you can CLICK HERE!

Our DSA approved driving instructors will cover all aspects of towing, including additional safety checks and UK road laws, including;

  • Trailer coupling and uncoupling, electrics and safety checks
  • Towing laws and speed limits on UK roads
  • Driving with a trailer
  • Reversing and turning techniques

DVSA Approved Instructors

Our DVSA approved driving instructors have a proven track record of training driving, which makes us one of the best training schools around to Instruct  you on your trailer training course and trailer test, with a fantastic pass rate last year, at approximately 90%!

We will provide:

  • A training programme geared to your individual strengths and weaknesses
  • Quality training taking individuals to a test standard
  • Great value pricing

Great Value Prices

  • Training and test is from £250 per one day course
  • If you would like the training to be geared to your particular needs contact Get Towing and ask about our assessment sessions.
  • Contact us to enquire about 2:1 discounts.
  • CLICK HERE! For our full range of available courses

Why get professional trailer training?

Depending on when you passed your driving licence, you may be required to pass an additional test to tow certain types of trailers.

Whas your Highway Code knowledge like?

Get the latest version by CLICKING HERE 

The law changed on 1st January 1997, below is a rough guide to driving licence categories and dates. For more detailed information, please refer to the…

UK Government’s towing guide here.

Did you pass your test before 1/1/1997?

If you passed your driving test before January 1st 1997 your licence will probably have Category B+E. This allows you to drive a vehicle and trailer with a combined weight of 8.25 tonnes, the Maximum Authorised Mass (MAM).

…or pass your test after 1/1/1997

If you passed your driving test after 1st January 1997, your licence will allow you drive a vehicle up to 3.5 tonnes towing a of up to 750kg. Or a vehicle and trailer up to 3.5 tonnes, as long as the trailer does not exceed the kerb (unladen) weight of the vehicle.

Are you safe and Legal?

Whats you eyesight like?  CLICK HERE  to get the rules before you take the course!

If you passed your test before 1997 you’re generally entitled to drive a vehicle and trailer combination up to 8.25 tonnes maximum authorised mass (M.A.M.)

If you passed your test later than the 1st January 1997 you’re limited to vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes M.A.M. towing a trailer up to 750 kgs, or a vehicle and trailer combination up to 3.5 tonnes M.A.M. providing the M.A.M. of the trailer doesn’t exceed the unladen mass of the towing vehicle. You will need to pass an additional driving test in B+E if you wish to tow a caravan or trailer combination which exceeds these weight limits.

To tow a caravan, horse-box boat or other trailer over a certain weight you will need to add category E to your car license B. This means another driving test B+E with a laden trailer. If you passed your test before 1997 you will have category B+E on your license for anyone else have a look on the

Direct Gov website.